We’re very pleased to announce the release of qdap 2.1.1
What is qdap?
qdap (Quantitative Discourse Analysis Package) is an R package designed to assist in quantitative discourse analysis. The package stands as a bridge between qualitative transcripts of dialogue and statistical analysis & visualization. qdap is designed for transcript analysis, however, many functions are applicable to other areas of Text Mining/Natural Language Processing.
qdap Version 2.1.1
- Text checking that simplifies and standardizes (includes spell checking and a Cleaning Text & Debugging Vignette
- Added many plot methods including animated and network plotting
- Improved tm package compatibility
- The Introduction to qdap .Rmd vignette has been moved to an internal directory to save CRAN space and time checking the package source. The user may use the
build_qdap_vignettefunction directly to build the vignette
qdapofficially begins utilizing the
testthatpackage for unit testing
qdapToolssplits off of
qdapwith non-text specific tools
- New text analysis and processing functions
Changes up to qdap Version 2.1.1
As the focus of my own research and dissertation has moved toward the graphical analysis of discourse,
qdap will reflect this shift. We plan to demonstrate some of the features of
qdap that have been added since our last blog article (demoing Version 1.3.1) via a series of small blog articles over the next month.
*Created using the reports package